Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I. About JaZMan GM SOUNDFONT ™


For years. I've kept searching for one great SoundFont, that will meet my current set up. I managed to find some lists and even purchased virtual instruments out of curiosity, but I need a sound that's exceptional.  My aim is to use something "Simple but with Quality."  Of course, as a performing musician, getting a live rhythm section is a lot better compared to a sequencer. But to minimize the costs, use of rhythm box or backing tracks nowadays can get you more gigs and sometimes in my experience, give you a better pay eventually. Most places, like hotels, small pubs save their budget when hiring a good live band, therefore you have to be versatile and flexible musician, using other means is just necessary to survive.  It's always part of the competition among musicians around.

"When there's opportunity for a live rhythm section, go for it, why not? If not, other people might grab it."

JaZMan GM SoundFont has a decent and balanced choice of instruments. It took me several months to sample these sounds and one of  my creations, fully optimized so it won't kill extra memory even you got a simple system. Choices are between GM Lite16-bit and GM Pro24-bit and my final project,  the GM Max32-bit version which I plan to release in the future dedicated to those sound enthusiasts out there.
I believe that even an amateur musician would enjoy the benefits of using SoundFont on their music once you've tried it. Definitely, every musician wants to get the right quality and expects to hear the right sound or instrument when playing midifiles.  Don't you?

If you wish your GM songs to sound a lot better, you have to listen carefully and test the entire quality during playback. JaZMan GM SoundFont is indeed a good value for money.  I've put so much effort to it because I understand what a musician needs based on my experiences.  
In short, SoundFont is one perfect companion for a working musician who doesn't require a complicated setup. Back in the days. I got racks of different gears, equipments to bring along with me whenever my band performs.  Starting from bulky ones to those portable modules, I just found out that SoundFont is so simple, handy and yet so much practical to use.

You don't need to invest an expensive soundcard to get the best sound out of your midifiles. We understand that audio quality from a real hardware is different, we can't compete that.  But to minimize use of external gears, you can make use of your laptop as it's more practical to carry around just one equipment when travelling from one place to another. 
Anyway, entertaining the audience is our main concern or top priority and of course to get a decent sound and good instruments as much as we can before the actual performance.





JaZMan 24-bit GM SoundFont Demo Sounds by digitalproaudiosamples

No comments:

Post a Comment